Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Baby Has A Rash On His Legs

Made Me - Week 3 +4 / 4

I am a murky cup, currently busy with many other things and of course have my Me-Made projects failed. But now helps whine about the past no longer, it would be better in future to make it better. To show
I got something new that I now wear every day for two weeks already with me. And its origin has not once let me despair.
The first sketches and ideas I have already collected on our trip to America, then I have collected materials and colors and begonnnen. Then I threw everything overboard, especially the colors I have ultimately to is selected. Then I had the first piece of leather, let's say, used inappropriate and had to wait for reinforcements. And then it came to the embroidery. The first time I've implemented an own design and this should of course be the same perfect. Since I have only a 14x14cm large embroidery frame, I had to share the model and experiment a lot. But the end result I am more convinced everything. The large flower is applied with gray leather and turquoise yarn.
The bag is closed on the front with a zipper and the strap eyelet is befesteigt. As I have set up a Paspelband Minibommelborte on the front. Inside the bag is a small zip pocket and there are three more small pockets for phone, wallet and handkerchief. The pattern is from me and inspired by the Amy Butler pattern "Teardrop Bag" from the book "Style Stitches" and the pattern "Sophia" from the book "Great pockets sewn itself" by Miriam Dornemann. Both of which are very beautiful and inspiring books.
I wish you a nice rest weekend and a good start to the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment